Kannapolis Low Back Pain Program
Our Kannapolis Low Back Pain Care Program is designed to maximize functionality and improve the quality of life for the millions of Americans with low back pain. Low back pain afflicts eight out of 10 Americans at some point in their lives and is the leading cause of disability in people under the age of 45.
Our Low Back Pain Program provides an integrated array of preventative and rehabilitative services that actively engage the patient and focus on education as a key to injury prevention.
Proper back mechanics and the reduction of risk factors are regularly emphasized so patients take primary responsibility for their low back health.
Setting Standards for Low Back Care
At the core of our Low Back Care Program is a standardized, functional and outcomes-oriented approach to care. Through an active and educational continuum of treatment, we assist the patient in returning to normal daily activities as soon as possible. By providing comprehensive education in anatomy, pathology, and care of the low back, the patient is empowered to participate in his or her recovery and in the prevention of future injury.
The key components of the program are:
• Comprehensive evaluation
• Patient education
• Individualized symptom-specific exercise programs
• Active and functional approach to rehabilitation
• Outcomes collection and reporting
Patient Program Benefits
Patients receive a thorough evaluation prior to the development of an individualized treatment plan, which is discussed with the patient to establish mutual goals. Our rehabilitation therapy team ensures that these programs are active and educational in nature so the patient can return safely to regular daily activities as soon as possible. Patients have a key role in the rehabilitation process.
• Provides thorough, comprehensive evaluation
• Maintains mutual patient/clinician/physician goals
• Offers active educational programs
• Promotes safety
• Provides timely communication
• Focuses on patient-centered rehabilitation
Physician Program Benefits
Physicians referring patients to our Low Back Care Program are confident that their patients will have an individualized treatment program that is functional in nature. Education is a core component in each program and is personalized to the individual.
Proper back mechanics and reduction of risk factors are emphasized on a regular basis so that the patient takes primary responsibility for their low back health. Physicians receive regular communication regarding the progress of their patients including a status report at each follow-up visit. Our therapists are readily available to discuss a patient’s case at the physician’s convenience.
• Offers active educational rehabilitation programs
• Emphasizes proper back mechanics
• Promotes safety
• Emphasizes patient responsibility for low back health
• Provides regular communication on patient progress and status
• Allows for clinician availability to discuss patient cases
Payer Program Benefits
Our Low Back Care Program offers a clinically proven, standardized approach to rehabilitation of the low back. Each patient has an active role and receives extensive education in the care and prevention of low back injuries.
Clinical outcomes are collected and analyzed through the NovaCare Rehabilitation Clinical Outcomes Program. Through this analysis, best practices are identified and refined that maximize outcomes-based treatment approach, clinical efficiency, and cost-effectiveness.
• Provides clinically proven, standardized approach
• Offers active educational program
• Promotes prevention of low back injuries
• Collects outcomes and provides analysis
• Identifies and refines best practices
• Provides outcomes-based treatment approach
• Highly cost-effective program